Skin Type: Oily, Combination
Skin Condition: Anti-Aging, Acne
Silymarin CF is a breakthrough vitamin C serum for oily and blemish-prone skin that combines 0.5% silymarin (milk thistle extract), 15% l-ascorbic acid, 0.5% ferulic acid and 0.5% salicylic acid to help prevent oil oxidation that can lead to breakouts, and visible signs of aging. This oil-free formula is clinically demonstrated to reduce oil oxidation by up to 76%, as well as reduce oiliness, refine skin texture, and visibly improve skin clarity and fine lines.
- Provides advanced antioxidant protection from environmental aggressors
- Helps prevent oil oxidation that can lead to breakouts
- Reduces oiliness
- Minimizes pore appearance and refines skin texture
- Improves skin clarity, radiance, and uneven skin tone
- Improves the appearance of fine lines
How to Use
In the morning after cleansing and toning, apply 4-5 drops of Silymarin CF to a dry face, neck, and chest before other skincare products.
- Complete your regimen with a SkinCeuticals sunscreen. When used together, SkinCeuticals antioxidants and broad-spectrum sunscreens provide comprehensive protection against signs of visible aging caused by environmental aggressors.
15% L-ascorbic Acid: Lauded for its superior antioxidant benefits, this highly potent form of pure vitamin C neutralizes damaging free radicals and protects against oxidative stress while providing visible anti-aging benefits.
2% Silymarin: Powerful plant-based antioxidant derived from milk thistle that helps prevent oil oxidation and provides antioxidant protection against free radicals.
0.5% Ferulic Acid: A plant-based antioxidant, ferulic acid neutralizes free radicals and enhances the antioxidant benefits and stability of vitamin C.
0.5% Salyicylic Acid: A beta-hydroxy acid provides effective exfoliation, refines pores, and helps reduce the formation of blemishes.
Growing research shows a causative link between oil oxidation and the formation of blemishes. When skin’s oils oxidize, this specific type of free radical damage can cause a cycle of inflammation and bacteria that is linked to blemish formation. Daily environmental aggressors like sun and pollution can generate free radicals that further oxidize skin oils.
Silymarin CF is clinically demonstrated to reduce oil oxidation by up to 76%.